AVAD 19-8

Minutes of August 19, 2019

 

Arkansas Valley Ambulance District Board Meeting, August 19, 2019
Attendance: Nicole Lewis, Tom Kainz, Andra Dalton, Dave Van Nattan.

Nicole Lewis, Andra Dalton, Tom Kainz, Dave Van Nattan. Guest Dave Craft

Present at meeting Nicole Lewis, Andra Dalton, Tom Kainz, Dave Van Nattan. Guest Dave Craft, Jim Lemermeier. 

  • Meeting called to order at 1824.
  • Minutes were presented, Andra moved to accept, Tom seconded, voted 4/0
  • Treasures report given.
    • Largest expense this month was the purchase of Med1 for $10K. Next expected expense is tires.
    • To date our total balance received from the county is $164,880.83. Our current balance is $110,574.37.
  • It was motioned by Andra to purchase emergency lights for Mark Rowland’s POV at a cost of not greater than $450. seconded by Dave, voted 4/0.
  • Nicole has contacted a CPA firm, contact name is Sue Blair who has 33 years of experience. No formal contract has been reached, yet Nicole is talking about our needs with them, ie bookkeeping, accounting, budget, compliance issues for officers of AVAD.
  • SDA has extended a scholarship to AVAD board members to attend upcoming conference in Keystone on Sept 18-20.
  • Uniforms were discussed and will be researched by Dave to give options, price points etc.
  • Upcoming events is accessed evaluation report, Sue and Tom will look into this.
    • A volunteer fair is being held at Howard Hall on Sept 8. We will provide information and handouts at that event.
  • Sept 1 we will need to move our units out of HVFD building for their annual Labor Day Breakfast, on Sept 2 we will need to return units into building.
  • Dave is trying to meet with Coaldale Community Center for a location for A2.
  • Legal, A1 title and Bill of Sale will be finalized with the county on Aug 20 by Nicole.
  • Board position was discussed. We have two people interested, Dave Craft and Kim ?
  • AVAD EMT class possibly will start in January. We have a possible 7 students.
  • We discussed possible rotation of volunteers, meals and housing for volunteers who are from out of town.
  • Billing Medicare, Business Options will be billing for AVAD.
  • Ambulance Directors report.
    • Jim has had the front end on A1 aligned and front tires done. A motion was made to purchase new tires for A2, giving Jim the okay to move forward on this, sending bill to Tom, motioned by Dave, seconded by Andra voted 4/0.
  • A2 has received a sample power-cot for our inspection, it has been installed on a trial basis, saving the old cot for future use.
  • Nicole will check with CPA if as a District we can be tax exempt on purchases.
  • We will have some business cards made for board members.

Meeting adjourned at 2015, next meeting Sept 16, 2019.

Minutes submitted by Dave Van Nattan