AVAD 19-9

Minutes of September 16, 2019

 

Arkansas Valley Ambulance District Board Meeting, September 16, 2019
Attendance: Nicole Lewis, Tom Kainz, Andra Dalton, Dave Van Nattan,  Dave Craft 

Meeting called to order at 1610

 

  • Minutes were presented from the August meeting. It was motioned to accept the minutes, vote 4/0.
  • Craft (Topper) was approved by the Board to become the fifth member of the current Board. 4/0
  • Treasures report was then presented.
    • Year to date we have received $172,030.10. Medical expenses for the month was $4188.281, maintenance expense $701.66, new tires $464.66. Available balance is $103,381.82.
    • CRS a CPA firm has figured a budget for next year of $206,146.
    • Mark recommended some possible changes in our billing. They included 1) show up fee (no), 2) abuse of show up (yes), we consider having flexibility in billing such as transporting (yes) or just a band aid (no). Some red flags to consider on all runs is conversation concerning attorneys, lawsuits, refusal of service.
    • A motion was made to accept financial report, seconded, voted 5/0.
  • CRS will be taking over our monthly task. We need to have a list of transaction and statements. Cost is $1000 upfront and $500 per month. Andra made a motion, Tom seconded vote 5/0. We will do this on a month to month basis so we can evaluate its performance. Tom will monitor and make sure we do get the best bank for its buck. He will create a manual to guide us in expenses, reimbursements, etc.
  • Budget calendar for Oct and Nov meeting, this is a must do! Board members please review and be prepared to discuss. Look over budget, question entries, and review. 
  • Nicole will post our meeting resolutions for 2019. 
  • Andra discussed covering Cotopaxi football schedule. 
  • Coaldale expansion update, no further progress with Coaldale Community Center. Nicole will contact Julia for more information. 
  • The volunteer fair we attended was well accepted by all organization, but had only one person show up. Fair will be held again in the spring with an associated event. 
  • EMT classes: we have two enrolled in Pueblo and transportation has become a problem. Both students drive together but the cost of gasoline is too much. Discussion followed and reasonable mileage rate for two students were discussed. Reimbursement needs to be made. Andra will discuss with students. A motion was made to allow Andra to resolve this in a reasonable manner. Voted 5/0 
  • EMT class is also scheduled in Jan with a possible ten in attendance. Colo Mtn College is full. Our classes will be on Tue, Thurs, Sat evening. We need to start now with a “word of mouth” campaign to recruit students. 
  • Uniforms
    • Andra had a report on different options, jumpsuit, tops, bottoms, Hugh reflective material, matching uniforms. Some of the companies she is dealing with is Gibson and Barns and Falls distributors, The Vest Guy. She will contact companies and ask to provide samples. Topper made a motion to set aside funds up to $1000 per volunteer (10 presently), Dave seconded, vote 5/0. 
  • Ambulance Director Notes
    • Mark updated on grants. EMS provider grant (50%) needs to be ready with input by Feb 15 deadline. Reviewed in April and May, awarded in June.
    • Emergency Vehicle Lights and Sirens for POV.
    • Hospital Behavioral Patients (Vista medical, 4 hours average, usually 2 day notice).
    • State EMS Conference in early Nov. We do need to send the Ambulance Director.
    • EMT continuing education units are given and Fremont EMS council will pay for 3 to attend at a group rate.
      • Suggested attendees should be Michele, Sarah, Mark, Andra. 

Meeting adjourned, next meeting October 21.