March 21, 2022 Meeting Location Change

The location of the board meeting scheduled for Monday, March 21st has been changed to the Howard Volunteer Fire Department. The starting time of 6:00 pm remains the same.

Meeting Minutes of January 2020

AVAD 20-01

Minutes of January 20, 2020

 

Arkansas Valley Ambulance District Board Meeting, January 20, 2019

Attendance: Nicole Lewis, Andra Dalton, David Craft, Tom Kainz, Dave Van Nattan
Supporting Staff: Tom Engalhart, Skip Munro, Kenny Owens, Jim Lemermeier.

Meeting called to order

  • • Minutes from December 14, 2019 were presented. Andra moved to approve, seconded by David Craft, vote carried 5/0.
    • Treasures report was presented by Tom. A balance of $52360 was noted, having paid all bills for year ending December 2019. Bills included the cot loader, life pac, communication equipment, which we expect approx $70K back from the approved grants.
    • Budget projections will become better as we grow and have a better basis to set figures from.
    • Business Options needs to be contacted to clarify our discount policy (local vs visitors), when we bill, how much do we bill (obtaining a list of charges and fees). Nicole will contact Business Options on this matter.
    • CRS is updating our budget and including the $70 added by the Board.
    • All expenses must be sent to Tom, this is a heads up for everyone. Motion was made outlining same by Andra, seconded by Dave VN, vote carried 5/0. All expenses need to go through the approval process on the correct form.
    • Student payback on test was again addressed. This has been motioned on before and approved that AVAD shall pay the cost of testing up to three times.
    • Christmas party expenses were discussed. Total budget for the party with incentives was $5000.
    • Future EMT Education expenses will be handled on a case by case basis.
    • CRS has submitted the required paperwork to the state, it has been accepted with email confirming.
    • Angela from CRS has been appointed as our election judge for the November election, cutoff date is May 3.
    • We have a strong three students in the current EMT class. There is a special class Saturday on CPR for the students. That class is open to HVFD and WWFPD to train their volunteers, at no cost.
    • We are getting very close on uniforms for EMTs, Drivers, and volunteers. Uniforms are to consists of a safety vest, an all purpose jackets, jumpsuits.
    • Tech update…we have one radio off for repairs and need to purchase batteries.
    • Volunteer Appreciation, Nicole shared she and Andra do have 16 policy’s almost complete. When we have our Volunteer Appreciation meeting (in March or April, August or September and December) we will be presenting AVDA Staff with these policy’s. At the same time the staff will be presented with their “shift awards”. These awards are based on being the “primary” shift person, back up does not count towards awards. If by chance you sign up as a backup and a primary has not signed up, you become the primary, so why not just sign up as the primary.
    • 16 policy’s cover staffing issues, page outs, Active 911, mutual aide, leave of absence, medical leave, conduct, tobacco and drug use. The Board will be supplied copies to review and return with corrections via email. The District has the power to suspend any volunteer for cause, to be further reviewed by the Board in Executive Session. Any incident must be reported through the Operations Director for action. Incidents can and should be reported by any volunteer, with details, who, what, when, etc
    • Billing and Medicare…Business Options needs to provide the District with business reports on a weekly basis. PCRs should be completed as quickly as possible and turned in within 72 hours.
    • Ambulance Director Report. We are dividing up Mark Rolands jobs to free up his time. His duties shall now be carried on by the following:
    • Education items. Michelle
    • Ordering and updating supplies. Sarah and Tom Englehart
    • Scheduling. Andra
    • Accounting and shift schedule. Tom Kainz
    • Grants, personnel (HR). David Craft
    • Secretary, image trending, certification,
    • Volunteer information. Dave VN
    • Training Officer. Michelle
    • Maintain equipment inventory, record, Active911. Marshall
    • Grants: updates.David Craft, Andra and Mark. A grant to replace A2 to be completed next year (2021); repair work on A2 has been completed and should make the life of A2 at least two years more, maybe as much as five. One of A2s charging problems are caused by the wiring at HVFD and we need to address this with HVFD, at our expense.
    • It was discussed that for major repairs we should have an authorized repair business do it, that way the work is guaranteed.
    • Grants being applied for will be to cover a Lucas CPR Drive, first responder kits, radios (12). It will be a 50/50 grant which will cost us up front $45K, and half back upon completion of grant terms.
    • The transfer trip recently made should net us $7500. Of that $200 ($14.28 an hour) will be paid to the EMT and driver to compensate their time (14 hours) and personal expenses.
    • All maintaince issues are to ran through Jim for his evaluation and approval. Course of action is his choice, major repairs with Board input.
    • Latest word from AVA, they are almost there.
    • Meeting adjourned 2130.

Respectfully,

Dave Van Nattan

    Financial Report – Mar. 2019

    Treasurer’s Report

    March 18, 2019

    For period 02/18/19 through 03/18/19

    1. MONTHLY TAX DISBURSEMENT: Our second disbursement from the County was held up for 1 week because DOLA had not received our 2019 budget which was due by January 31st. The budget information was actually mailed on 12/31 by Nicole with the return receipt showing delivery a few days later. I reworked the information they were requesting (2019 Budget with 2 year history and anticipated 2019 end of balances and description of key budgetary items). DOLA has since released the hold on our funds – see attached documentation.

    Disbursement Detail:

    • Current Tax: $48,377.13
    • Specific Ownership: $2,378.95
    • Commissions: ($1,451.34)

     

    1. Notable Income
    • $ 950.00                Donation from AVAD (MT Training Reimbursement)

     

    1. Notable Expenses
    • $ 5,852.00 Annual Insurance Policy
    • $ 121.50 Dan Slater – Jan charges

     

    1. Additional Information
      1. Two used radios have been ordered (radio, battery, charger, microphone) at $300.00 each – Total $600.00. They are expected to be here by the end of the week at which time they’ll be sent out for programming. To whom do we send them?

    Meeting Minutes of Mar 2019

    AVAD 19-3

    Minutes of March 18, 2019

     

    In attendance Tom, Nicole, Dave, Jordon, Andra, Mark, Kenny Owens, Ron McFarland.

    Meeting called to order at 1806

    Minutes we’re reviewed, with a motion to accept made by Jordon, seconded by Tom. Voted on, carries 5/0

    Treasures report, Tom Kainz. DOLA requested Fremont Treasurer to hold our funds. Some reports have to be resent before the funds ($49K+) will be released. The annual budget has set aside $2K for Fremont County fund rates, that figure is too low and needs to be adjusted next year. Tom also reported the chance to buy two radios costing $300 each and also the need to have them programmed. Motion was made by Dave to buy them, seconded by Andra, carried 5/0

    Jordon has a report covering CPA. SDA, which we are a member of since Feb 28, has a list of recommended CPAs. Community Resources Services is on the list. Next question is what do we want a CPA to do? Answer, billing accounts, benefits for EMTs and Drivers.

    Nicole reported on our Exempt from Audit. Looks like she can fill it out on line.

    Training and retention. Class is going well, we have 4 students, 3 for us and one for Salida. Only four weeks left to April 27. We will be doing Driver Training separately, with CPR and first aid. Classes will be held at Howard Hall, date to be determined.

    Reach Helo Training is scheduled for April 5, 5:30, Friday at HVFD.

    Active 911 will be made available to students for $10.

    Jordon’s update on insurance. We are officially covered since Feb 19. His next objective is Risk Management and Human Resources.

    We will need an active accounting service by May, including a CPA. Our application for Medicare/Medicaid will be sent via certified mail. With that fee of $586 must be paid. Andra made a motion for Nicole to pay that with the debit card. Seconded by Dave, voted, passed 5/0.

    Grants. Step one has passed a waver for our 10% grant. Step two and three are left. We could use some help from our volunteers to help file for grants and do some extra work.

    Operations material will be restocked for A1 and A2.

    Andra is working on a mileage reimbursement for volunteers. Possible rate of 58 cents a mile.

    Nicole suggested we get all our EMTs and Drivers to a meeting. The meeting would be a way to have old volunteers join us now. One of our new board members needs to call and set up a meeting. To do this we will need a packet of information which would include HEPA forms and our list of incentives for them to become involved. We should have a Planned Round Table in June. We maybe able to find our 18 radios and redistribute them. Invites should be anyone with past history with AVA, EMTs and Drivers. We must take our time and get it right, then present it.

    AVA update…they would like for us to purchase A2. Thought is to give us A1 anytime we get setup to do billing. A2 has a lien on it for $30k. If we bought it now for $30k we could free up the lien, enabling AVA a little room to wiggle. In the end there are chances we would get the funds returned to us, if nothing else we would have a fully working Ambulance for only $30K. That would put our cash flow very low, however we do have funds on the way. The District also could go into debt and obtain a loan. Tom will check with HCB and obtain figures for us. Insurance will be ending soon on both units, and they would like to move them without paying those fees twice.

    Andra has submitted paperwork to become a recertified EMT, and was wondering who the cost should go to. A motion was made by Dave, seconded by Jordon. AVAD will pay for this certification. Vote 4/0/1. This also established a reimbursement policy for AVAD covering cost when becoming certified.

    To continue AVA website we will pay $17 to keep it going, redirecting that site to AVAD.

    Next meeting April 15, meeting adjourned 2016

     

    Submitted by Dave Van Nattan