Minutes of December 14, 2019
Arkansas Valley Ambulance District Board Meeting, December 14, 2019
Attendance: Nicole Lewis, Andra Dalton, David Craft, David Van
Supporting Staff: Mark Rowland, Jim Lemermeier.
Special note: This was a combined meeting and volunteer recognition Christmas dinner. There was no specific meeting agenda.
Meeting called to order
- Minutes from November 18, 2019 were presented and approved without corrections.
- Due to the treasurer’s absence, there was no report given. Tom Kainz absence was okayed and approved by the Board 4/0.
- Jim Lemermeier asked for approval of $1500 for rear tires for A1.
- Dave VN made a motion to approve, seconded by David C. Voted in favor with the amount being extended to $1900, vote carried 4/0.
- Nicole suggested setting up new laptop classes and training.
- A location in Coaldale is still being worked on. Two additional locations were mentioned and will be followed up on.
- Student update: our last student passed. We have classes starting in January, 2020. Four students are locked in and a possible two more with yet another two on the “fence”.
Ambulance Director Report:
- Mark Rowland talked about a 50/50 Provider Grant that will be opened on the 15th and will close on Feb 15. All is handled online with an Agency Profile. This grant could be $75-90K (50/50). We are also working very hard to bring A2 up to the same level as A1. That will entail a CPR Device, one of the reasons for the grant.
- Jim reported there are working on the 990 forms and have moved ahead on the transfer of grant items being transferred to AVAD.
Next scheduled meeting will be at the dinner at Riverside Cafe, Dec 18. (subsequently changed to 12/14)