AVAD 20-02

 

Minutes of February 17th, 2020

 

Arkansas Valley Ambulance District Board Meeting, January 20, 2019 

Attendance: Nicole Lewis, Andra Dalton, Tom Kainz, Dave Van Nattan, David Craft, Mark Rowland, Paula, Mike, Lane, Skip

 Meeting called to order:

  •  Meeting was called to order by Nicole at 1800.
  •  Minutes were presented, Andra made a motion to accept, Tom seconded, vote carried 5/0.

Financial reports:

  • As of January 31 we have received from patient billings $1422.24, and from Business Options $1525.00. Notable expenses were Med2 repairs of $3101.21, PCC Tuition/books $2747.01, EMT books $1205.99, and radio batteries of $534.00.
  • We anticipate receiving $78,244.08 from CDPJE Grant shortly.
  • Receipts from all runs seem to be delayed. PCRs seem to be the problem, they are not being completed quickly. That creates problems in processing and receiving payments.
  • SAM and CAGE registrations are in process. David made a motion to complete this process, seconded by Andra, voted carried5/0.
  • PCC bill for EMT class is $900 total cost for students. Our class, given by our staff, needs to reimburse our teachers for time spent teaching class. Last year we paid each instructor $1000, they teach approximately 300 hours of class, study and aid time to students. Dave made a motion to pay each instructor $1500, Seconded by Tom, vote carried 3/0/2. (2 obstained due to conflict of interest)

Volunteer Appreciation meeting is scheduled for March 22 (Sunday). A motion was made to set a budget of $25 each was set for meals, this year Barry’s Den will be preparing the food to be served at Howard Hall. Andra made that motion, seconded by Tom, voted in favor 5/0.

Election information and guidance is being done by CRS, deadline March 3.

An update was made on EMT Class, we have four students and should finish in May. Mike has finished his EMT training. Next step is to set a Driver Training Class, which is in the works.

Uniforms: Andra has sent out options to all concerned, they are to review and return their request to Andra. Body Amour was discussed and Lane suggested two types for consideration

Scheduling and coverage for service is in need of better coverage. Andra request that volunteers sign up sooner, commit to a full shift. Signing up for a part shift does not cover the entire shift, leaving us wondering who is covering the rest of the shift. Discussion followed from everyone. Andra will continue to send out email requesting everyone to sign up, that includes both EMTs and drivers.

CRS has given guidance on getting an employee. We need to consider this option to hire someone to cover some jobs of our over extended staff. We are looking at a part time 20 hour a week position at $14-15 an hour. BOD are asked to think of this position and what duties we need to include.

Badges: Lane is arranging for free AVAD work badges from Fremont County. Each badge can contain information about that staff member, including certification, emergency contact, etc. badges can be used to track staff. It is our choice on what and how much information needs to be encoded on the badge. The BOD recommends that Lane and Mark setup the basic ID cards, which we can modify as we grow.

Policies: Use of radios and Active 911. A monthly blog (email) will be informing volunteers of the progress and how to use Active 911 “chat” for communicating.

Insurance: We are arranging to have a person from the insurance carrier attend a Board meeting to address the Board and answer any questions we may have.

AVAD expansion: it was suggested to purchase storage containers. At Denver auctions they sell for between $2-3K. Nicole will call and secure more information on these units.

Billing and Medicare: Business Options is auditing our accounts. We as a District need to refine our process of making sure PCRs are done timely.

Image trending: this system is on hold. Lane and Mark are investigating duplications of reports between two systems. It seems that the two systems we use duplicate information causing some entries being made twice. One question is can these systems be linked together, or can one system cover our needs, if so which system?

Grants: David Craft has applied for a grant to cover the cost of a Lucas, 10 jump bags and radios. In order to decrease response times we need to find a new location for A2, this would improve response times in the eastern end of the District. The total of the grant is $60+K, total and final cost to the District is $30K. Lobbing after a vote is taken is a total waste of time, what is decided at the Board meeting is what it is.

Maintenance: All units are running.

To clarify a recent calls, we do answer unattended death calls.

Facility transfers is a big issue and a good revenue maker for the District.

Training is going well for the new EMT class.

We are organizating stocking of A1 and A2.

AVA update: no new info due to cancelling their meeting. Work is still being done on Grant transfer items. AVAD needs to write a letter that states “we will accept these grant items and continue to use them in the same spirit as they were provided”.

Taxes for AVAD: Do we need to file them for 2018, 2019? Nicole will contact CRS for answer.

Tom is setting up an Amazon and PayPal account for AVAD.

Meeting adjourned at 2025.

Respectively

Dave Van Nattan

BOD